Procter & Gamble (P&G) is stepping up its COVID-19 relief mission with a series of holistic, inclusive and far-reaching initiatives aimed at protecting everyday heroes in the UAE and across the GCC. As such, P&G will provide support for communities, relief agencies and its employees as part of the “P&G Protect Our Heroes” mission.
Under the response and relief programme, P&G is serving communities with the following initiatives across the Middle East, East and West Africa:
- Manufacturing masks and Safeguard hand sanitisers for donation across the Middle East
- Extending support to frontline workers and families affected by COVID-19 through in-kind and personal protective equipment (PPE) donations
- Providing essential product donations to relief agencies and governments to support healthcare workers including Always, Safeguard, Gillette, Fairy and Ariel
- Leveraging advertising voice to recognise and support healthcare workers and increase awareness on safety and hygiene measures among the community
- Supporting online learning programmes for children of determination in the UAE
- P&G is also matching employees’ personal donation to support the combat against COVID-19
“In service to people on the frontlines who are caring for their families and communities, P&G is stepping up and serving our everyday heroes as a force for good. Key P&G sites that manufacture household brands have been expanded to produce essential safety items such as masks and hand sanitisers. We will initially donate one million masks and 100,000 Safeguard hand sanitisers in the UAE to support the battle against COVID-19,” said Omar Channawi, CEO, P&G Middle East, East & West Africa and General Export Markets.
“We want to make a significant difference to the communities we operate in by leveraging our resources, our innovation, our manufacturing and our voice to contribute towards making their lives better in these extreme circumstances,” he added.
In fact, since the onset of the COVID-19 outbreak, P&G globally has stepped up its commitment to be a force for good and has been working with long-standing partner organisations to provide support to communities, relief agencies and people impacted by this challenging situation. So far, globally P&G’s in-kind, product and monetary donations add up to tens of millions of dollars across 200 relief organisations, over 30 brands in more than 30 countries.