After our successful ‘She Means Business’ virtual roundtable, we realised the appetite for strong female voices in retail from the Middle East. And mind you, there are many. So here we are putting together a list of the 50 most influential female retail leaders who have made their mark in one of the most important sectors for any economy.
The retail leaders will be selected on the basis of both nominations as well as editorial selection on account of their contribution to their organization or sector at large, personal experience, industry influence, leadership during Covid-19 and various other factors.
– The current position
– Length of experience
– Contribution to the organisation and society at large
– Brand Visibility – local and regional
– Other positions held in government or social
– Ability to influence others
– Leadership during crisis/pandemic
– Ability to drive change
– Innovation and generating new ideas
– Individual net worth (optional)
– Editorial score
– Business growth
– You need to be a retailer to apply
– Only female C-suite executives will be included in the list
– You need to have a minimum of 3 years’ experience to be eligible
- Nominators must submit a word document (not more than 500 words) and/or a powerpoint presentation (not more than 5 slides) detailing their accomplishments fulfilling the methodology/criteria.
- They must also submit a high resolution photograph and their bio.
- Prepare a brief and catchy citation
- Include specific examples of accomplishments in the last 5 years
- Explain how the nomination covers most of the award criteria
The survey is a listing and not a ranking.
The effort has been made to place the personalities in an alphabetical order.
Since we are trying to give women from different scales of business and varied backgrounds from almost all countries across the region the visibility they deserve, certain parameters might have to be overseen for the list to be as inclusive and diverse and we would like it to be.