TFG to acquire Phase Eight


January 17, 2015 | By RetailME Bureau

South Africa-based The Foschini Group (TFG) is set to buy British clothing chain Phase Eight from TowerBrook Capital Partners LP, hastening its international expansion.

TFG will pay $212 million, acquiring an 85% stake in Phase Eight with the remaining 15% being under the latter. TFG will fund the purchase of Phase Eight using proceeds from the sale of RCS Investment Holdings Ltd., a credit provider, as well as its own cash resources. While Phase Eight’s management will continue to hold a stake, TFG retains the right to buy the entire company over three tranches in four, five and six years after completion.

According to TFG, the product and value offering of Phase Eight will combine exceptionally well with TFG’s current brands, with the store and concession portfolio creating a potential platform for the expansion of TFG brands internationally. The purchase increases the number of countries in which TFG operates from 8 to 26, and raises the proportion of cash sales to about 54% annually.

Comments

comments

Previous Article Next Article

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE /


Almarai, Carrefour, Emirates have the most loyal customers

UAE-based Carrefour will become the first retailer in the region to offer new levels 

Continue Reading

February 22, 2021 | By RetailME Bureau

The Organic Farmers’ Market is back in Bay Avenue for its 12th 

Continue Reading

February 17, 2021 | By RetailME Bureau

UAE-based  Lulu Group recently inaugurated its first-ever all-female staff store in Jeddah, 

Continue Reading

February 15, 2021 | By RetailME Bureau
Jones the grocer

Jones the Grocer, the gourmet grocer and cheese retailer launches the Jones 

Continue Reading

February 1, 2021 | By RetailME Bureau

UAE-based Al Maya Supermarkets is hosting a two-week food festival at select 

Continue Reading

January 17, 2021 | By Lawrence Pinto

Locally-owned supermarket Spinneys has launched its ‘Power of Plants’ initiative in the 

Continue Reading

January 17, 2021 | By RetailME Bureau
Cookit

Carrefour UAE has launched “Cookit Yourself” — a curated recipe box created 

Continue Reading

January 5, 2021 | By RetailME Bureau
Al Islami Plant-Based Burger

UAE-based Al Islami Foods, one of the largest frozen food companies in 

Continue Reading

January 3, 2021 | By RetailME Bureau
Marks & Spencer's plant-based range

Marks & Spencer’s plant-based range now offers over 25 vegan products including meat-free 

Continue Reading

December 23, 2020 | By RetailME Bureau

World’s largest fully integrated online brand in fresh fish and meat e-commerce 

Continue Reading

December 14, 2020 | By RetailME Bureau
Koita

Homegrown, organic and plant milk company, Koita has announced its expansion into 

Continue Reading

December 9, 2020 | By RetailME Bureau
Middle East's vegan revolution

Today’s on-demand streaming services are ripe with docu-series and explainer videos on 

Continue Reading

December 3, 2020 | By Shruthi Nair




Download Images RetailME Magazine