Majid Al Futtaim’s newest leisure concept Orbi Dubai, a game changing multi-sensory experience and a first in the Middle East, is now open at City Centre Mirdif.
The official opening event saw senior representatives from Orbi Dubai’s developers SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. and BBC Worldwide, as well as key Majid Al Futtaim stakeholders, mall VIPs and media. Orbi Dubai’s Nature Ambassador, renowned Arab explorer, Nabil Al Busaidi was the event host for the evening.
Attendees were treated to the full Orbi Dubai experience through 12 spectacular exhibits featuring innovative visual technology and interactive walk-through touchpoints including:
- Animalpedia: A giant interactive screen featuring life-size visuals of animal shapes. Visitors can virtually reach out to an animal on screen and it responds with pop-up facts.
- Earth Palette: A 360 visual treat with a wealth of natural images in a spectrum of colours, as visitors are enveloped by countless images of animals, landscapes and plants.
- Base Camp: Projection mapping to exhibit beautiful images captured by BBC Earth onto walls and a standalone sculpture that changes character to represent different animals, which interact when touched.
- Time Slice: Hugely immersive, visitors gauge their abilities in relation to some of the speediest animals on our planet.
- Extreme Photo Spot: A captivating, green screen experience encouraging visitors to step into the wild and pose alongside their favourite animals.
The guests then experienced the centerpiece of the attraction – Theatre 23.4. The 35-metre wide theatre space showcases custom-made BBC Earth films, amplified by two massive screens behind viewers to create a 360°, fully immersive edutainment experience. The theatre also boasts 3D sound and cutting-edge technology that generates wind, fog, vibrations and even smells. Theatre 23.4’s debut showings include The Magic of Yellowstone, which follows the stories of four iconic park inhabitants, and The Meerkats featuring this ever-popular creature on adventures in the Kalahari Desert.
“Orbi Dubai is set to transform the way people in the UAE explore the mysteries of nature, inviting them to see, hear and feel the planet in a unique and enchanting way. We’re excited about sharing this attraction with the UAE – there’s simply nothing like it in the world when it comes to being right at the heart of nature,” says Damien Latham, CEO, Majid Al Futtaim – Leisure and Entertainment.